Monday, November 03, 2008

My Little Butterfly


I am happy to report that Ainsley's costume did arrive before Halloween!  I was lucky to have purchased from  a really great seller who helped out immensely in recovering the missing package. 



Once the costume arrived I had it hanging up on a closet door and it immediately caught Ainsley's attention.  Anytime she would scoot or crawl by it she would point and say "dat?".  I took it as a good sign that she would love wearing it.  I WAS WRONG.  She had no problems with the bodysuit, booties or hat, but the wings completely freaked her out.  This was one time I was happy she wasn't walking yet as I was able to just set them in the stroller to give the illusion they were attached.


She did great going around to all the houses and loved putting her candy in her pumpkin bucket.  She didn't really seem interested in all the treats until she got her first sucker.  When it was handed to her I didn't think she would get it, but oh, did she.  Within seconds she had licked through the paper to get to the yummy goodness underneath.  Thinking little damage could be done with a sucker, I was dismayed when I looked down after 2 more houses to find it all over her face, costume, bucket, hands and stroller.  How do they do that???  Because Ainsley was so cute, she was very successful in accumulating a mass amount of candy that her mom and dad are all to happy to eat on her behalf.  

Afterwards she loved parading up and down our sidewalk with her walker and getting as much attention as possible.

Today was a little traumatic for all of us as Ainsley had her tear duct surgery.  She did not do well with all the "stranger-dangers" poking at her and certainly did not like being taken from her mommy to go into a scary room by herself.  I almost could not restrain myself from grabbing her from the nurse and running far far away.  The surgery was very short, went great and will hopefully do the trick.  I was concerned when I went back to recovery as she was coming out of anesthesia screaming like someone told her the Backyardigans died.  She was not happy finding herself in the arms of a stranger.  No matter what I did I could not get her to calm down.  It was only when we got her in the car and started moving was she able to stop hyperventilating.  All-in-all though, she was in great hands and the staff at Children's were great and patient with her and us.  We won't know if this worked for 3 months when they remove the tube, so please keep your fingers crossed that this does the trick!

Checking out the sit and spin while in the waiting room
Happy to play with toys to avoid the pokes and prods


So happy to have a baw-woon
If looks could kill I would have been dead on our way home

4 comments:

Courtney said...

those hospital pictures BREAK MY HEART!! how did you do it Angy?
I love her "look"..made me laugh really loudly!!

rebecca said...

That must have been heart-breaking. I hope all goes well, though.
She is so adorable, whether as a butterfly or giving you the death stare!

natasha-nolan said...

She is the prettiest butterfly I have ever seen :) Hope all goes well with her procedure- give her squeezes for us!!

Anna said...

Oh my! Your butterfly is adorable! And... the little hospital gown swaddled Ainsley is too sad and sweet. I hope she's donig better. Big hugs to you for surviving her surgery.