Saturday, November 15, 2008

Addicted to Facebook

Hi, my name is Angy and I am addicted to Facebook.

My addiction started innocently enough. I had eight weeks of little adult contact a year ago when at home on maternity leave. Ainsley was sleeping a lot in those days, and I had time to kill. My brother coerced me to get on Facebook. At first, it took awhile for me to find people. In fact, I spent little time on the thing because very few people I knew appeared to be on it.

I don't know what happened, but in the last 2 months Facebook is booming with old friends from every where - high school, college, Dell days, ship life, & Canadian contingent. It is great to see and talk to people I had lost touch with due to all my moving around in the last 10 years.

But am I the only one that feels like a spy? It is almost like big brother. With status updates you know what any of your friends are doing at any moment. Some share a little too much information.

My addiction has gotten so bad that I created a page for Matt so he could get a glimpse of the fun to be had. 48 hours later he has admitted that he understands why I am on it so much.

I am amazed at how some of my friends lives have turned out - and seeing their families and what they are up to now is always fun. Plus the occasional trip down memory lane helps kill hours of time that could be much better spent cleaning the house.

Speaking of which, I am stalling on that very thing right now. Ahh, let the dusting begin!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I am resisting the urge to join, Angy! I am afraid I WILL NEVER work again if I start that madness!

Kembree said...

OMG! Courtney I am with you..I think it would take up all of my time, I'm kinda addicted to blogging, when would I have time for Facebook!? But you are not alone I know so many that are addicted too :)

natasha-nolan said...

Angy it is so addicting!! I feel like Big Brother sometimes, too. But what a great way to keep in touch with friends and some vey random people :)

Anna said...

Hi Angy. I'm also an addict.
I must call Courtney out. She uses Facebook, but with Michael's sign in. Rob was doing the same with mine, but I changed my password so he had to get his own profile.

Angy said...

Haha Courtney - the gig is up - you need your own now!