Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


The snow has melted (finally) and while it is still chilly outside, it is a great day! I have a lot on my to do list this weekend, but found some time to make sugar cookies and we will be spending this evening with my BFF so Ainsley can fawn all over her future boyfriend Alex.

Ainsley had her 18 month check-up this week and it took a medical professional to tell us she was growing like a weed and she is "advanced" for her age because she can walk backwards, speak in sentences and has memorized some of her books. She weighed in at 23 pounds, 14 ounces (50th percentile) and is 33 1/2 inches tall (90th percentile). I am so glad her weight went up, she was stuck in the 25th percentile since she was born and I was fearing the doctor was going to call child services on us. She is a bit of a picky eater but when she gets something she likes she will gobble it up like we are going to take it away from her.

We also purchased a potty for her this week and the kid loves it. While she doesn't exactly get what she is supposed to do on it yet, she likes to sit and read her potty book my parents got her for Christmas. Really, she loves to make the book "flush", but maybe one day soon she will put the 2 together.

Matt has been kept extremely busy with school this quarter and I hardly see him anymore. Taking 8 credit hours at a time is a bit rough, but he is already halfway through and still has A's in both classes - I am so proud of him!

Matt and I agreed to do nothing for the day except make cards for each, other, but I did get Ainsley a little goody bag courtesy of the dollar bin at Target.

So, I am off to finish our taxes, get a pattern to make new curtains, and then tackle some things I brought home for work. I hope each of you have a fantastic Valentine's Day with your loved ones!

Shots of the week:


Little Red Sox Fan
Perfectly content


Favorite snack of the week - graham crackers


Busy at work - hoping she will finish our taxes so I don't have to



Having fun in her favorite sweater - I AM CORNHOLIO!

2 comments:

Kembree said...

Your cookies look yummy too! Love some iced sugar cookies :)

Laura said...

Emory loves her potty book that flushes! And don't worry, we've been below the 25th percentile is weight for about nine months.