Friday, July 25, 2008

A year ago today

A year ago today was supposed to be my "due date". I remember having a doctor's appointment this day last year and leaving the office in tears because I was not any where close to giving birth. It was 100 degrees, I had horrendous heartburn 24x7 (the old wives tale IS true), shoes were my enemy and I was ready to get the show on the road. But alas, Ainsley had to be fashionably late as she forgot to get some directions to where she was going. Sound like anyone you know? Nope, not me :-)!!

And I must admit, I was wrong. Ainsley DID crawl this week! FINALLY. But of course it while I was at work and her daddy was home with her, I always miss the good stuff. Her preferred method of transportation still remains as scooting, the rug burn on her legs has got to hurt but doesn't seem to phase her a bit. She also rolled from front to back, we think she has been doing it for a while, quietly perfecting this move in her crib before she put it on display for the world to see. For the longest time she was like a bug on its back when we would put her on her belly. She hates to be on her belly. You would think the world was coming to an end. Hopefully she is getting over that phase. She was so quick in the beginning to do new things, however she seems to be in a "new" things rut at the moment. I have to keep reminding myself that each kid is different, she will do __________ thing eventually, and not to wish her growing up too fast. In 7 days my sweet little baby will be a year old - that is growing up fast enough for me.

Tonight we went out an bought her new "big girl" car seats. Really wanted to get a Britax, but since we had to get 2 of them we had to compromise a bit. I am so excited to use them. The infant carrier is killing me - it is purely designed to be a torture device. The bruises I have from trying to haul it in and out of the car are out of control. Oh forward facing car seats, how happy I am!!!!

2 comments:

natasha-nolan said...

WOW~ what a little bit!! We had to change Nolan out of his infant car seat at 6 months because he was such a chunky monkey!! It's funny how boys and girls are so different right from the start :)

Nolan has been stubborn about walking. Yesterday he took 4 steps for Nana and Papa (I wasn't there of course), but none since then. Little ones definitely have minds of their own and choose to do things in their own good time despite our best efforts :)

Andrea George said...

I can't believe she's a year old! Wow! Has it been that long already? She's is just as cute as she can be! I hope I get to meet her soon:)