First and foremost - I am horrible about this hole blogging thing. But since I have started it I must continue, and apologize to those of you who look at this site for updates only to find that yes, I am still a slacker.

Ainsley is now six months old - half a year has gone by fast. She continues to amaze us every day with some new skill she has acquired. She loves blowing "raspberries", and it is totally my fault. Had I known she would learn to do it I may not have started it, but she thoroughly enjoys making the noise. She finally started laughing in December, and now we love to do stupid things to make her giggle. Who knew such a little noise would make grown people act like idiots?
We got to celebrate two Christmas days with our families and Ainsley received more presents than all of us combined. She was very good at unwrapping her own, however, she enjoyed eating the paper more than the actual gift.

She started eating cereal but decided she hated it, so to bribe her into eating we started mixing it with baby food. Meal time is an adventure, with the ultimate goal being to get more in her mouth than on her, however, the score is Ainsley 67, mom and dad 0. She is attempting to feed herself, she likes to grab onto the spoon, chew on it, and when done fling it across the room. I am hoping for a maid for Valentine's Day. Her favorite foods include squash, sweet potatoes, pears and applesauce. Peaches and bananas are immediately spit out. Can't say as I blame her there, I tasted them and spit them out too. 
On a cold Monday in January Matt and I were just goofing off and trying to get her to sit up on her own, and the joke was on us when she stayed upright. She has gotten pretty good at not taking headers face first into the floor but we do still have to stay behind her because she gets all excited and knocks herself backwards. Luckily no real trauma has occurred however we will be replacing some piece of furniture since there has been some foreshadowing into the future.
At her last doctor's appointment she weighed in at 14.14 (25% percentile), 26 inches long (50% percentile) and has a big head (75% percentile). She is so busy growing brains she just doesn't have time to gain weight.
Right now Ainsley is putting us through some rough nights as of late with a cough - even with the monitor off we can still hear it through the walls. It doesn't seem to bother her a bit, however we are both walking zombies.
We also had her 6 month pictures taken and she was an angel this time. Only cried once when the photographer got a little to close but was quickly appeased with some raspberry blowing.
Because we are so wrapped up in the peanut there is nothing to report on us. We do nothing but work and come home to the cutest baby ever. Totally worth it.
STAYCATION DAY 1: "PLANTING PINWHEELS"
13 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment