As the Tide rolled over the Vols this weekend, Ainsley decided it was her time to roll as well. On Thursday Matt called me at work to say she had rolled over on her own while playing on her mat. Luckily one of us was home with her to witness this momentus occasion, however, I was quite sad that I was not there to see it too. One of the downfalls of being a working mom I guess. She did it twice more before I finally got to see it with my own two eyes yesterday. I tried to get her to do it today and video tape to share with you all, but Ainsley does not perform for the cameras. So much for my plan to make her the next Gerber baby!
She is also trying very hard to sit up on her own. She leans a little bit too far over but we stop her before she takes a total face plant.
We are still waiting for the "giggle" though. She smiles a lot and she makes one little "ha", but so far has yet to repeat the sound back to back.
On Monday Matt went and saw the Red Sox/Cleveland game, and from the sounds of things he had a pretty good time! He went early to watch warm-ups and was fortunate enough to be thrown a ball from one the pitchers. Yeah! Another piece of baseball memorabilia to add to the collection. :-) I am watching game 7 right now, go RED SOX!
On Thursday evening I got to take a break from mommy duty to go out with some people from work. And I learned the hard way that I cannot hang like I used to! Needless to say Friday was a long day but totally worth it. That's what happens when you get old and become a mom. The big 3 -oh is looming in the distance......
Matt and I have begun to settle into a routine now that we are both back at work and Ainsley is in daycare Monday-Wednesday. We have very little time for ourselves any more but so far that has not been an issue. We are looking forward to my company holiday party that will take us out of town for a long weekend.
And that's about it for this week...must get the baby ready for her bath so we can go to bed!
STAYCATION DAY 1: "PLANTING PINWHEELS"
13 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment