This past weekend was spent priming. And priming, oh wait, and some more priming. Thanks Brenda for providing a much needed break at your house. It is very WHITE in here right now - it looks like a sanitarium (which is where one of us might end up before this thing is done). No new pics to share, and you honestly wouldn't be able to tell what we did until we get some color on the walls.
I did spend some time in the sweltering heat to clean out the front flower bed. Apparently the mulch has never been cleaned out of there before, and it was layered and compacted - it was like lifting out large chunks of particle board. And what fun things were found underneath it all. Yum! I found 8 billion ants, tons of roly-polies, and grosses of all - earwigs - blaacch!!! I was going to plant some things, but forget that. I have a garden to bomb.
We will be finishing the trim this weekend - at least I hope so. I want to play with some color. What I thought would take a weekend has now spanned to 4....time to get it over with. Plus, all the junk from the room we are working on is in here with me in the office. I have no room to move around or find anything. Needless to say - I missed sending my aunt and uncle their anniversary card because it is now a needle in the...well, I won't say it. To make up for it a little bit - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JOE AND GERI!
And now to watch Lost repeats - anyone else hooked on that show??????
STAYCATION DAY 1: "PLANTING PINWHEELS"
13 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment