When Matt and I started looking at houses, the first question that usually came out of my mouth was "Can we tear down this wall?". It is amazing how many houses lose such valuable living space because of unneccesary walls. Due to the fact we were buying our first house, and the housing marketing in Dublin/Worthington is out of control (and the fact that I am too much of a brat to live anywhere else in Columbus), I wanted a cheap house we could fix up and make our own (and earn a little $$$ on). Little did I know, once we moved how much I wanted to do. And since we have started the process, I want to show off all of our hard work.
Now, let me first say this house is in great shape. We really don't have to do anything to it. And I think Matt is starting to want to keep it the way it is with all the big plans I have. But I promise you - this place will be AWESOME when it is done.
So, here is my TO DO list:
-Gut (and I mean gut) the tiny kitchen with 5 cabinets (that's right. Count 'em - 5)
-Install all new cabinets in the kitchen, including pantry cabinets on far side
-Rip out carpet in dining area and lay tile
-Move gas and water lines for new sink and stove placement
-Tear down wall behind stove to open up kitchen
-Strip all the 1970's stained wainscotting and paint white (and that's A LOT of wood)
-Paint every room
-Redo the "smurf exploded in the bathroom" bathroom
-Install all new light fixtures (what WERE these people thinking)
-Rip out all the closests and install Closetmaid
-Replace all the doors, inside and out
-Venetian plaster the main room (I may regret that one)
-Dry wall the laundry room (because the pipes are so pretty)
-Invest in Home Depot stock (I have an inside tip on this one - hello, - I AM SHOPPING THERE! They may even add a section about us in their shareholders report - how the Russell family single-handedly increased the sales 200% at the Home Depot on Route 23N)
-Figure out and complete wiring lights in all the rooms that do not have one. Dare me.
-Get the cable cords out from under the carpet and into the walls (lazy bums who didn't do it before us)
-Replace bathroom vanities
-Restain the deck. Red just isn't my color. Just kidding - it isn't the house's color.
-Unpack. (enough said)
The list is long, but luckily, this is the first project I have had in 3 years without a deadline. Which means we are going to slack off. But hey, it will be fun. And there will be some great pics to show for it.
Until next time (like this weekend)
-
STAYCATION DAY 1: "PLANTING PINWHEELS"
13 years ago



1 comments:
Angy and Matt,
The blog looks great so far. I can't wait to see pictures off all the progress (and the beer/bourbon bottles that will likely accompany it).
Love always,
Bo
Post a Comment