Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A Little South of Sanity


Conversation with Ainsley last night:
Me: "Can you stay little forever?"
Ainsley: "Nooooo."
Me: "But can you be my little girl forever?"
Ainsley: "Yeah!"

Love conversations with 20 month olds - she already knows how to tell me what I want to hear!

Yes, it has been awhile since my last blog post, and after I was starting to do so much better. Unfortunately, until blogger starts offering status updates, lets me list my top 5 TV shows, and tells me which Hogwarts house I belong in, Facebook will continue to suck up all my spare time.

The last month has been pure insanity. The company I work for has been going through all kinds of changes, keeping me at work way past Ainsley's bed time on many nights. In fact, on Thursday and Friday I put in over 40 hours at the office. Needless to say I am taking a much needed and very much deserved day off on Friday.

Ainsley is continues to amaze us all with her vocabulary and comprehension. New words include elephant and hippopotamus. On the downside, she is starting to become a picky eater. Food she could not get enough of 6 months ago she now turns up her nose in disgust. I am beginning to feel like a short order cook with a husband who will not eat fish and vegetables and a kid who will not eat meat and most veggies. I personally will eat pretty much anything, so this is really limiting my culinary genius.

However she will eat yogurt like a champ!

For over a year Ainsley has been obsessed with the Backyardigans, but recently they are quickly being replaced with The Wiggles. I am a little creeped out by the show - I think it is the dinosaur and the unnaturally white teeth of Anthony Wiggle.  She does the cutest little dances while the show is on - Matt got some video and once I have time to edit it down from a 3 minute version I will try to get it posted.

Matt is 2 weeks away from finishing 2 classes, still maintaining an A in both!  It will be nice to see him again when they are all over.  When I do get home from work he is off to the basement to do schoolwork.  

I was lucky enough to be able to attend a Scrapbooking Expo a couple of weekends ago which resulted in a lot of fun goodies for me! I had not really been into it the last 3 years, mainly because I hate the room all my supplies are in. But I got a cropper hopper so I easily transport the stuff I need from the basement to the family room so I can be where the action is. I am such a dork. The fact that Ainsley is 4 months away from turning 2 also reminded me that I may want to get her baby book done. Whoops.

On a somewhat TMI note - Ainsley did use the potty for this first time a couple of weeks ago. We have yet to receive a repeat performance but at least she is attempting!

I have been hunting for a photography class in the area without much luck. I love my Rebel but keep it mostly on the auto settings because 1) I don't know how to change it to something else and 2) I am scared to change them because I am afraid I won't be able to undo what I did. Usually I am pretty technically inclined, but the camera is new and much different from any point and shoot version I have always owned. So if anyone has some suggestions of an online thing or where they were able to find a class I am open to suggestions!

I have been a little down in the dumps as of late, trying to get out of a personal life slump. With our work schedules and lack of babysitters it is hard for us to go out by ourselves let alone meet new people. I don't like to hang out with people from work on a personal level and well, where else do you meet new people anymore? I am lucky that my BFF is here, but both of us are so busy with home and kids sometimes it is hard to get together. But hey, there are a lot worse things in life. I think I just need some warm weather. Hopefully this is the last of the cold yuck - bring on the shorts and tank tops!!!!!!!!!!! I purposely packed up all my winter clothes a couple of weeks ago as a stance to keep the weather warm, obviously old man winter disagrees with my statement.
Enjoying one of "teaser" days of spring - I love the Elton John shades!

3 comments:

rebecca said...

You're not alone. I think I also reside South of Sanity.

natasha-nolan said...

I think all mamas reside a little south of sanity...at least most days :) Ainsley is just too cute!!

Courtney said...

oh angy, she is so a shorter version of you! it makes me laugh.
kim took some classes online and she gave me a binder from one of her classes. i usually shoot on AV and make sure my white balance is correct (it is pretty self explanatory on that setting, but inside i shoot on tungsent (sp??)) and then the ISO setting is important. outside i lower it to 200 (if it is REALLY sunny) and inside it should stay on 1600. those points have really helped me! the av settings don't use flash and can help blur backgrounds.